Monday, October 23, 2017

My mum reckons she has the right to look through my phone?

I'm 23 and I still live with my mum and younger sister. I have a full-time job and an above average wage for my age. Earlier this year, my iPhone 6 died and I saved p for a new phone ever since. I finally had enough money for a new phone - so I bought the new iPhone X. It cost loads, but it was worth it. I also installed a SIM card and my number is different to my old one.

Ever since I've been using it, my mum expects me to give my phone to her once every day to see "if I haven't got into trouble". I think this is ridiculous - but she thinks I still need protecting. I think I'm too old to be need a parent's protection.

Does she has the right to look through my phone? Am I too old to be need a parent's protection?

Read more: My mum reckons she has the right to look through my phone?