Sunday, October 1, 2017

Phone charger gets really warm while charging?

This has never happened before, or at least this is the first time I've noticed it. I recently got a new iPhone 8+ less than a week ago, and last night I noticed that when I plugged it in, the spot where the charger plugs into the phone got rather warm. I unplugged it and used a different charger, and it didn't seem to get hot when I charged. The charger I was initially using was not the Apple charger that came with the phone, but it seemed to work well with my previous iPhone 6s+. The charger was plugged into a power strip with numerous other things plugged in so I thought it was that at first but I tried it in another wall socket and it still got warm, but not as warm. Help? Could this damage my phone?

*I also tried it with my mom's iPhone 6 and it didn't get warm at all.

Read more: Phone charger gets really warm while charging?