Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Can someone hack your iPhone through a pdf file?

I had joined Amino, an app where you can go into different communities based on what you liked. I joined a fitness\health community and after I posted something a girl messaged me. We had talked and all was good. She asked if I'd like a book that she had previously bought, but she could send me it through email. It is by someone who is an actual author. She sent it through email and I use safari to open emails. I opened the pdf and then I saved it to the notes iPhones have. Could I get a virus or have malware installed on my iPhone? Could the person sending me this read messages on my phone or hack into my camera or audio? I had the pdf file on my notes for about seven plus months. Thank you.

Read more: Can someone hack your iPhone through a pdf file?