Thursday, November 29, 2018

I clicked on a possible scam link, what do I do?

I want to start this off with me apologizing if anything is unclear, since this has been possibly a year since it happened or close to it. I received a text message (the number I forgot), but it said my name, last name included. I believe it included my first name, which was a shortened version of my first name. They provided a link, I believe it said a friend or someone had tagged me in something. I asked, "who is this?" I don't remember exactly what they said, but they then asked me if I was a student at a high school I was supposed to attend, but I did not. I said no and I don't believe they replied after that. I'm still a minor so I'm pretty sure my phone would be under my parents names, plus not many people from that area had my phone number. I asked my friends and they denied tagging me and I asked one friend if they received them before and they said yes. I think they said they were guessing it was spam. I believe I clicked the link and if I remember correctly it was an app. I have an iPhone, which is not jailbroken. Would it have let me download a malicious app? I don't remember if I downloaded it or not, which is strsssing me out. What would they have wanted anyway?

Read more: I clicked on a possible scam link, what do I do?