Wednesday, June 17, 2015

RODE Video Mic Pro or NTG-2?


Hello people,
I am planning to do a short film, mostly out doors, using the Panasonic gh4 and I was wondering what mic I should get. I will be holding it on a boom pole not attaching it to the camera. So out of the video mic pro and the ntg-2 (will most likely get a dead cat) which one should I get. Also I know that the video mic pro isn't the gh4s most favourite mic.

The second question is will I be able to run the mic into my iPhone and record sound on that, or if I have to, record the audio on my laptop, buying an external recorder is not an option, so if one of these mics cannot do this then it is out of the question, unless it can record into the gh4.

Anyway any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Read more: RODE Video Mic Pro or NTG-2?