Sunday, September 6, 2015

Headphones won't work on my computer as Microphone and Headphones ( iPhone 6 headphones )?


So I bought MSI gaming labtop ( link below for specs ) for playing games and college. I use skype a lot when i play games, so on my old labtop i could just plug in my iPhone 6 headphones and they would work as a microphone and a headset so I could hear the game Im playing and talk on skype at the same time. Well with this computer, that didnt work, bc it has two ports a microphone and a headset one. Didnt work in either port, so I did some research and people said to buy a 3.5mm male to female headphone and microphone splitter ( link below) then plugged my earbuds into it and still nothing. Tried both "Line In" and "Mic In" settings neither work.

LINKS

COMPUTER- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152739

SPLITTER- http://www.miniinthebox.com/dual-3-5mm-male-to-single-female-headphone-microphone-audio-splitter-cable-for-cell-phone-tablet-laptop_p2707596.html
Added (1). Btw my earbuds show up as a speaker and work great, they just dont show up as a microphone

Read more: Headphones won't work on my computer as Microphone and Headphones ( iPhone 6 headphones )?