Saturday, January 7, 2017

2 3.5mm inputs into 1 output. Will this setup work?


i want to take 2 audio sources and feed them into 1 pair of headphones

I m thinking of using this 3.5mm splitter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXN9ZQM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKXVBT49GGF3B

along with a fem to fem adapter for the single end and two double male 3 foot cords to connect the female ports to my devices.

My end goal is to have my Iphone and my laptops in-game audio playing to my normal 3.5mm jack headphones.

If this setup won t work do any of you know of a setup that will allow this to function.

i would prefer not to use a typical gaming headset that can do this since its so bulky to carry my current headset and external sound card to make it work, and a optical cable and then it has about 3 miles of 5 different cables (well 12 feet but still) so a simpler 3.5mm combiner setup would be best.

Read more: 2 3.5mm inputs into 1 output. Will this setup work?