Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dropped my i phone SE in water?

so I dropped my brand new (14 days old) iphone SE in water about 5 hours ago. I was completely sumerged for at least 10 seconds. It was turned on in sleep mode and the first thing I stupidly did was use my fingerprint to unlock and see if it still worked. It did for a few seconds and I sighed relief until the screen went wonky and then completely black. I tried to dry it off with a towel and took the case off. I tried to then power it down but hard to do with a black screen.

I then put it in a bag of rice and left it for a few hours until I read that was not the best course of action.
so I took it out and gave a shake, some water did come out. I took out the sim card and it was dry (thankfuly).

Now it is sitting on a towel air drying where I will leave it for a couple of days.

So what are my chances of survial, be honest… Yet kind. Brand new phone with no warranty.

Thanks

Read more: Dropped my i phone SE in water?