Thursday, August 24, 2017

How much longer will Apple support the iPhone SE?

Please stick to the question ("you should buy and Android" is not an answer.)

The iPhones have a feature not available on Android that I need, and I need to run an app on a more mobile device than my tablet (Surface 3 with Windows 10). I only NEED just ONE app, but won't consider buying a phone if it doesn't have this certain Apple feature.

Other than that I really am not a smartphone fan. But my tablet is a bit too big. In fact I prefer a small basic phone, which is why I'm considering the smaller and cheaper SE. So the smaller the phone the better. I hate big phones and am also hard on phones meaning I'll need a good case, which also increases the size of the phone.

But how long is the SE going to be supported? It seems to have been on the shelves for quite some time. I'm very frugal and do not want to spend $399 on a phone that won't do it's job in a couple years. (Actually I'd rather just keep my flip phone.) If the SE is going to be dropped soon, is there another small Apple phone on the horizon? If not I might opt for a 6 or a 7. I want to pay the least amount for the longest running iPhone possible, and preferably the smallest one too.

I say this knowing that a lot of older mobile Apple devices will not update nor run the app I need. The phone has to be up-to-date.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Added (1). The app in question has a database that must be periodically updated. It seems the iPhone s and s do not have the ability to download or update this app. Hence the concern.

Read more: How much longer will Apple support the iPhone SE?