Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Why do my texts sometimes never get delivered to this phone?

My phone is an iPhone 7. "Send as SMS" is turned on, "Send and Receive" is set only to my number. Verizon.
My girlfriends phone is an Android Cricket Wireless - ZTE Grand X 4, and she uses Textra as her texting app.
She never had an iPhone before.

This seems to only be a problem with our texting.

For most of the time, our texts go through totally fine. Every now and then though (rarely), she will slowly start to not receive some texts. It will start with a lost text here and there, and eventually almost no texts at all will go through from my phone to hers, and we resort to Snapchat to communicate. I still receive all her texts, and over time she starts receiving my texts again. I went to a Verizon store about this and they couldn't quite figure it out.

Neither of us want to reset our phone, we would just like to figure out why it does this so we can fix it directly.

Read more: Why do my texts sometimes never get delivered to this phone?