Monday, December 11, 2017

How should I handle my 12year old daughter?

She wants the following for Christmas:
Michael kors purse and watch, a new Iphone, Victoria secret clothes, and a hollister $150 gift card. She is desperate to be popular and is trying out for cheer in April of 2018 but she can't do any flips, she can't jump, she has no friends at school, and she is not flexible. She is so desperate to be popular in school that she wants to copy the cheerleaders and she ditched her best friend who is on the cross country team to attempt to fit in and I really do not like her behavior. A year ago she wanted to be a softball player but she did not try out for the school team because it was not "cool enough." She is very good at softball and cross country. She also has been defiant at home by not doing her chores and she is failing pre algebra. Should I ground her?

Read more: How should I handle my 12year old daughter?