Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Is it right to think my parents are selfish?

So I couldn't talk for 3 years, and only now my mom is considering speech therapy. At first, they were like "you don't need speech therapy u r fine", but then they just ignored it. Whenever I talked to them about it, they were like "you just need to speak more", but the thing is, it's not an anxiety thing, there's rlly something wrong with my vocal cords. I tried searching yt for exercises but they ruined my voice even more. I even had to take language classes where I was constantly speaking, but my voice condition never changed (which was embarrassing all the time).
Anyways, I just noticed (and I'm pissed off about it) that my parents buy stuff we don't rlly need. My dad bought a $1000 telescope, and and also 2 iPhone X's which I heard were like $2000 each. I just searched online and speech therapy sessions were like 250 an hour. So that could have been at least 12 sessions…
Also, I'm moving schools, so I'm just getting emotional since I couldn't make friends at my current school, and now I can't at my new one, since I still can't talk. My family doesn't rlly see it as a problem, but it is taking a toll on me and i'm just really angry and ******* tired of it all. No one understands what it's like to not have a voice, they think it's easy to just simply talk. I keep hearing some ppl ask if its an anxiety problem, and some have said I was faking it, so even though I know they intend no harm, i get angry at them (i don't show it though).

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/is-it-right-to-think-my-parents-are-selfish.html