Sunday, April 8, 2018

If I sign into an iPad with a different Apple ID, will all my stuff be gone?

I used to use my dad's Apple ID on my iPad mini (he used it on his iPhone and an old iPad 2). Now he has bought a new iPad, told some of his technicians to transfer the data from his old one to the new one, an what he got is all the apps and data from my iPad mini (including pictures, notes etc). Perhaps it chose this iPad because it had a newer ios?
Anyways, by now I have my own Apple ID with which I can possibly sign into my iPad mini, but I'm afraid that the apps that were bought with his apple ID will be gone, pictures gone, notes etc. Is that what happens? Also, do I just have to delete my apps by hand from his new iPad? (I'm also scared to do this because I'm afraid they'd be gone on both).
Sorry for such a complicated story, but maybe there are some Apple geeks out there who can help me sort this device mess out.

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/if-i-sign-into-an-ipad-with-a-different-apple-id-will.html