Saturday, April 14, 2018

What to do if you're scammed/robbed of $2000 in cash?

So I was dealing with this guy I met off of Craigslist named Ryan. He had an ad up saying he could get brand new iPhones for cheap which he did. We met a couple times and I bought the iPhones off of him. Then earlier this week, he called me saying he has two people that want to get iPhones from the mall and all I have to do is pay for the deposits. He told me to meet him at the mall parking lot. When I got there everything seemed normal, he and another male and female were with him. He explained everything and told me to give him the cash in the car because it would seem suspicious if I gave him it inside the mall. I handed $1000 to him and the female(2) so they could go to At&t. The male (1) asked me to go with him to Verizon but to wait outside of the store. I gave him the money. I waited for him outside Verizon and he came out a couple minutes later and said there's two customers in front of him. He told me to go check on Ryan and (2) at the At&t store which is on the other side of the mall. I went to At&t and no one was in there. I then realized what these sons of bit**** were doing. I have tried calling him but he's been ignoring my phone calls ever since. I know they had this all planned out. I know where this guy Ryan lives found his address online and looked up his information and found his Facebook. I'm only 18 going into college next year and they've taken all my money away from me. I want my revenge but I don't want to get into a lot of trouble. What should I do?

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/what-to-do-if-you-re-scammed-robbed-of-2000-in-cash.html