Sunday, July 22, 2018

Facebook Marketplace scam? Can he get his money back?

My twins brothers bought 2 cell phones on facebooks marketplace (through 2 separate sellers.)

They went to their provider to have them turned on and the 1st iphone came on no problem. Apparently, the other iphone was still under someone elses account and they said it can't be turned on until its removed. (Which means either 1, the phone was stolen 2. Its under a leased contract thats not up yet or 3. They simply forgot to remove the device )

I contacted the Facebook guy that sold it to my brother. He said, he also bought it through facebook marketplace but only decided to sell it because he was told the phone was unlocked and could be used with any carrier and that was false.

He ended up giving me the 'original' sellers name, phone number and facebook. I messaged him earlier but have not received a response yet.

I'm going to wait another day or two but if he doesn't respond, is there anything else I can do?

Read more: Facebook Marketplace scam? Can he get his money back?