Sunday, October 14, 2018

My new boyfriend won't let me talk to my family?

So my new boyfriend stopped letting me talk to any of my family or friends. He took my iPhone away from me and even changed the password on his phone to keep me from using it.

When I asked him for my phone back he told me that he sold it. He says that he's just doing it to protect me.

He's much older than I'm and more experienced in relationships so I want to trust him, but I really miss my mom and my sisters.

I was going to sneak out to visit them two days ago but he locked me in the bathroom and braced a chair up against the door so I couldn't leave. I haven't even been to school in like two weeks.

I borrowed the neighbor's phone and called my mom to pick me up but I'm really worried about what he's going to do when I eventually go back home to him.

Is this normal behavior in a new relationship?

Read more: My new boyfriend won't let me talk to my family?