Monday, December 17, 2018

My iPhone 5S isn't recognizing cellular data turned on, when it is in fact turned on

I use Wi-Fi mostly but of course you can't always connect to wi-fi. I have my cellular data turned on even when I have wi-fi on as well, however I've noticed that for the past week or so, whenever I lose wi-fi connection and try to pull up my mail or weather app, I get a pop message that says data can't be displayed. Turn on cellular data… But my cellular data is on! How can I fix this? I've tried turning the data off and back on a few times. Any suggestions?

Also -- when sending messages via iMessage, will they still send/receive if I'm not connected to wi-fi and my phone isn't recognizing cellular data being turned on?

Read more: My iPhone 5S isn't recognizing cellular data turned on, when it is in fact turned on