Monday, October 15, 2012

My iPhone 4 Battery is draining fast, Why?

My iPhone 4's battery has been draining very fast for the past 5 days.It will go from a full charge (100%) to dead (0%) in about 4-5 hours, where as before it would last what seemed like forever. I have done the following…

-close all running apps
-deleted all useless apps that I was not using
-not used wi-fi
-dimmed the back light

The only thing that seems to be different since I noticed the draining power, is I have downloaded 'App of the Day - Free' and it gives you free apps that are only free for the day. I have since removed that app and all the 'free' ones that I downloaded. I also had downloaded the app 'Find my iPhone' I did some research and I found out that that one can drain the battery so I removed it.It has seemed to have not helped. Can an iPhone get a virus from an app?

I have reset all my settings to how it came and that as well hasn't helped. Any ideas? I am still on contract for a year and a half and did not get any extended warranty. If I replace the battery, what are the costs, I live in Canada.

Thank you for your time, and I will appreciate any answer that can help.
>>> My iPhone 4 Battery is draining fast, Why?