Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How does my iPhone know I'm in the US if iI changed the appstore and date/time to UK?

I'm DYING to use the ITV app to watch my favorite UK T.V. Shows, thought I live in the US.

I have successfully switched from the US to UK app store and was able to download the ITV app. Since I am using an old iPhone of mine, it is on airplane mode and I'm using wifi since I do not have cellular connection (didn't want to use my actual iPhone incase something in the process messed it up). When I open the app it tells me to enter a postal code and I enter one from the UK. However, when I try to watch a video, it says that i can "only view the content if I'm in the U.K.

If I'm in airplane mode and I'm using a UK appstore/date and time, how does it know that I'm in the US? How do i change that/are there any other settings i need to chage?

Read more: How does my iPhone know I'm in the US if iI changed the appstore and date/time to UK?