Monday, March 6, 2017

APPLE/iCLOUD EXPERT: Why did photo albums delete off my laptop when iCloud was disabled on my iPhone?

I regularly import my photos from my iPhone to my Macbook Air. Previously they were imported to iPhoto events, and now they are imported to Photos albums.

I was tired of getting the constant notification that my iCloud storage was full, and since i regularly import my photos there really is no reason to constantly have them all backed up into iCloud, so i disabled iCloud on my phone.

I just opened Photos on my laptop, and two of my albums are completely GONE. Im assuming this is because of deleting iCloud, but I'm not sure how, since I imported the photos directly.

Apple sent me an email upon deleting iCloud saying it stores everything for 30 days if i change my mind, and i just have to go on my phone and "undo delete". I did that, and my two albums are still missing.

Can anyone explain how to retrieve these photos or tell me if they're lost forever?

Read more: APPLE/iCLOUD EXPERT: Why did photo albums delete off my laptop when iCloud was disabled on my iPhone?