Sunday, November 19, 2017

Receiving a silent treatment from girlfriend after standing my ground with her, should she be the one to talk to me?

This is day 3 of hearing nothing from her. The other evening I was texting with her, she had gotten a new phone with a new number, we were texting on he old number. She hadn't been sure of getting an iPhone or android, which I had recommended iPhone, just my personal preference. I asked her what she got, she told me she got an android because the salesman told her the iphones had a lot of problems, and he gave some story about her old number getting hacked so she got a new number. I told her that the main problem was a battery drain issue, and that a nice thing about the iPhone is that it really can't be hacked into or get a virus.

She told me whatever, that I'm always right, so why don't I just go and work for the cell phone company. Said that the salesman didn't have a reason to lie to her.

I was offended at it, tired of her giving me that "whatever" type of text, but rather than fight, I told her I wasn't saying what was right or wrong, only saying my preference, and was only doing it for the sake of conversation with her. To put a stop to the subject turning into an argument, I told her I was leaving it at that, and that I wasn't going to argue as I needed to study. Haven't heard from her since.

Is it right to expect her to talk to me? It seems as though she tries to pick fights, and why would someone do that?

Read more: Receiving a silent treatment from girlfriend after standing my ground with her, should she be the one to talk to me?