Tuesday, February 20, 2018

How to deal with disrespectful child?

Love my nephew with all my heart. His Mom ran out on him. He has stayed with me since I was 18 I had to drop out of college and raise him. I gave him to my Mom last two years to finish college finally. I got him every weekend and on all holidays. Buys all his clothes, shoes, games whatever. My issue is he's really ungrateful. I have no kids. I'm 27, I've put my life on hold for him. He says things like if you can't get me this (1,000 things) don't get me anything for Christmas, my birthday and things like that. My friends have this and that. Roll his eyes and give me attitude. He's almost 10. I'm just so overwhelmed. I don't know how it feels to be single and free. I don't get any support or benefits for him
Any parenting advice. We just got into a huge argument because he told me not to buy him anything if he can't get an iPhone 7 or 8 and he already have an older one. I'm just overstressed.

Read more: How to deal with disrespectful child?