Thursday, May 10, 2018

Can I get a restraining order against someone who texted me?

A 40 something year old man has been texting me a lot about his single love life and is constantly inviting me to go to places with him. Even though I keep saying I'm going to pass, he keeps inviting me to events with his other friends which is a bit concerning since I'm only a freshman in college and he doesn't invite any of my other friends. After I blocked him from Facebook, he ended up texting me through my iPhone messenger saying he realized my Facebook account was closed and he was "sorry" but I don't believe him especially since recently I've heard that he's been doing the same thing to other young college freshman's.

The previous girl before me was an international student and even left the country early because she felt unsafe.

Can I get a restraining order filed against him even though the only evidence I have is my text messages? I ended up deleting the iPhone messenger text and blocking his number as well because I was so angry that I didn't want to see the text. But In the other texts, I've also been replying to his messages and keeping short conversations at times because I was afraid of what he might do if I told him to stop texting me since he already has a history so will that prevent me from getting a restraining order?

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/can-i-get-a-restraining-order-against-someone-who.html