Thursday, May 10, 2018

IPhone 6s uses lots of data and battery quickly runs low: how to fix?

I have an iPhone 6s that is perhaps 2 years old. For the past 6 weeks, it has been using a lot of data if I use the Internet using cellular data (rather than WiFi); for example, browsing a few sites last night used 221 MBs of data in about 4 minutes. The battery also very quickly runs low.

Is there a way to fix this?

This happened in the past a few times when I had used a lot of data (not realizing that I needed to shut off cellular data and use WiFi only), but the issues always stopped within a few weeks, perhaps once that billing cycle was done.

This time, however, I used a lot of data in March and the issues are still going on, more than a month later.

Thanks.

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/iphone-6s-uses-lots-of-data-and-battery-quickly-runs.html