Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Black and white lines on iPhone 6 screen?

My iPhone 6 battery was due for a replacement because I could hardly use it for 5 seconds before it dying. I have replaced my own battery before and did it again without a hitch today. However, I noticed when I tired to type the letter "s" it would type both "a" and "d" at the same time as well as when I tried to type "z" it would use the caps button and "b". So I figured I would just disconnect the screen ribbons and reconnect them to a tighter fit and now when I turn the phone on all it shows are black and white lines. I have attempted over 20 times of disconnecting and reconnecting the cables but it still shows the same thing. I even tried disconnecting the battery and repeating but no dice. Is there something I'm doing wrong or did I just damage the motherboard?

Read more: Black and white lines on iPhone 6 screen?