Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Is it possible for a phone to be hacked/have a virus?

This came to mind recently, I was wondering is it possible to get a virus or be hacked from a link sent to you on your iPhone? It's been awhile since this happened to me, but I had received a text message that included my name saying someone tagged you in a photo. I asked, "Who is this?" It was an automated message, but it asked if I was a student at a local high school. A high school I was supposed to attend, but I had been homeschooled for years prior, i hadn't finished middle school locally either. Less than five or so people had my phone number from that school so I was curious and clicked the link they gave. This is where my memory gets foggy, I don't remember if I clicked or not, but let's say I did. I do not remember when this occurred, so I can't say if this happened on my current or old phone. I also do not remember what the link brought me to. I don't believe I filled any information and I'd like to think I didn't download anything, like an app or anything. I was wondering, if from what I said, if there was a possibility that someone put anything malicious on my phone? I know I sound paranoid, but I'm curious.

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/is-it-possible-for-a-phone-to-be-hacked-have-a-virus.html