Thursday, October 25, 2018

Was I in the wrong for talking to professor about a project group-mate?

In my marketing class I was assigned a group project with two group-mates. We each agreed to do a different task and then they were going to send their parts to me to combine/edit for consistency.

One person sent her part on time (early actually), but the other did not sned her part by the agreed upon date (10/15).

On 10/17 I asked her about it and she said she would send it later that day.

As of 10/22 (our next class period) she still had not sent her part and I had planned on asking her about it during our pre-scheduled group meeting after class that day, but she left early, emailing us that she had a last minute appointment and could not meet that day - so I replied to her email asking for the missing work since I still hadn't received it.

As of today (10/24) I still had not received anything from her (and she did not reply to my email from 10/22 - even though all students are told to check their email daily and she had emailed me from her iphone in the past so I knew she had regular access to her emails, so I explained the situation to our professor who advised us to take over this group-mates part.
Minutes after I spoke with our professor I get an angry email from this group-mate saying how ridiculous and unprofessional it was for me to talk to our teacher and she claims that she did in fact send her part on 10/17, but when I replied apologizing and asked to to forward the original email she did not reply (which makes me think she did not really send it).

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/was-i-in-the-wrong-for-talking-to-professor-about-a.html