Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Why did I fail the credit check?

I am 21, I study at University here in the UK although my home address is overseas. I opened a bank account with Barclays in 2009, had a 2 year pay-monthly contract with Vodafone which I ended after the two years as I went studying abroad for one year then came back here in the UK although never closed my bank account, never defaulted on payments. I never had a credit card, nor ever took a loan. All I ever had is a debit card. However, I failed the credit check when I wanted to get an iphone 5 with a pay-monthly plan.

Any idea why?

Thanks
Added (1). Ok I have to build up credit, so does that mean there is no way I get a pay-monthly contract in the near future unless I buy the phone alone???
>>> Why did I fail the credit check?