Monday, January 21, 2013

How to restore a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS?

It's a bit complicated than just removing Jailbreak. I tried searching google already and everything pointed down to the same problem.

I bought a 2nd hand iPhone 3GS weeks ago and it was already jailbroken. Everything's good. What's bothering me is that I want a "new" phone but I can't click on "Restore" in settings because that will lead to a bricked device.

The iPhone has a backup encryption that I can't remove or even guess which makes removing jailbreak with Absinthe more complicated since it's asking me for the password.

Is there any work around for removing the jailbreak?

And also, I want to restore it to 5.1.1 without upgrading to iOS 6, I already have the ipsw file but I get errors like 3194, 11 and so on.
>>> How to restore a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS?