Monday, January 21, 2013

Is there any hope for my water-damaged iPhone?

I dropped my iPhone 4s in the toilet yesterday. I immediately pressed the unlock button and the screen lit up for a second before the water got in it and it went dark. I tried to unlock again a few times (I know now that this was a bad idea) but nothing happened. I was not at home at the time and the people I was with did not have rice so I put it in grits then I bought a bag of rice and put my phone in a ziplock bag full of it. I then left it in the bag of rice for over 24 hours and I just took it back out and tried to turn it on but it would not turn on. I put it back in the bag of rice but I don't know what I should do now.Is there any hope for my phone? Did I damage it further by trying to unlock it? If so is there any way to retrieve my data from it and at least transfer it onto a new iPhone? Please help!
>>> Is there any hope for my water-damaged iPhone?