Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Someone stole something expensive from my bag while it was in their car?

A friend, not a good friend, offered me a ride to a greyhound station Friday morning. I put one bag in his trunk Thursday night around 10pm assuming it'd be in his car for 12hrs and it'd be fine. I didn't want to take my bag to class, so I packed clothes, beauty necessities, a mophie case for my iPhone 5 and a blanket.My bag was full so the blanket took forever to squeeze in!

The next day at the station, he handed me my bag and my blanket, SEPARATELY, he said "hey this blanket was in my trunk I wasn't sure if it was yours or not because I only saw you come down with a bag" I KNEW that blanket was IN my bag but I didn't want to make a big scene. That day when I got home and unpacked I realized my mophie case was gone. This case cost me $150; obviously him or someone went through my bag because my blanket was OUT of my bag and now my mophie case is gone.

Can I file a police report? Can I do anything about this situation? Isn't there stealing and violation of privacy? He's offering to buy me a new case but I'm not happy with that because he said it'll take him months to get that money together.
Added (1). It's a case that charges your phone and yes I have the receipt.
he said no one used his car but him and it was locked all night and day until he went to pick me up.
he knows I put it in his trunk.

См. статью: Someone stole something expensive from my bag while it was in their car?