Friday, October 18, 2013

Why do my text messages become split up after they've been sent?

That title seems horribly grammatically incorrect, but oh well. I just hope it makes sense???

I have a (stock) Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon, my friend has an iPhone 4S on Sprint.
I know that since we're on different carriers, things can get a little weird.

She and I send long text messages to each other; sometimes I could set my phone down and come back to 15 messages, because texts split after 160 characters.
I get that, when I text people on Verizon they can see my 800 character texts in one giant message.

Sometimes my messages get sent out of order to her or viceversa, with her texts to me usually it's 6 or 7 or more text messages when they come out of order. With her, earlier, I'd sent a text message that split into 3 or 4 messages and it was completely out of order.
What causes this?

TIA. :)

См. статью: Why do my text messages become split up after they've been sent?