Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Can you prevent rape - at all?

Honestly. Can you prevent being raped? I am somewhat deathly afraid of being assaulted again. I understand that this was many years ago, and I watch a lot of crime shows and consider myself to be someone with a head on her shoulders. I am very careful especially when it comes to strangers and people in general.

I try not to go out alone at night and if I do (work, or class, or studying) I make sure to be hyper alert of my surroundings. I don't use my iPhone, iPad or iPod or any device that would disable me from using my senses. I make sure to always turn around and make sure I am not being followed and if so (even if harmless) I walk quickly. I stay away from dark areas and alley ways etc. I watch my drink when going out. And listen to my gut.

But can you actually prevent being raped? I have read that rapists usually have a certain type and that victims have more of a chance of being assaulted again.

Can you prevent this? At all?

Читать далее: Can you prevent rape - at all?