Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Is my co-worker just joking around or is she really angry with me and being serious threatening me?

I work for a mostly landscape gardening firm. I was making some jokes about my co-worker behind her back. I'm quite shy, especially around women, but I knew the other 2 guys would find them really funny, so did it even though it was really crude. She is only young, 21, whereas I'm 26. She gets on well with the 2 other guys we're working with, probably better than I do, and they are both about 22.

I made some jokes about her and her husband (who I've never met) and some other stuff, only to realise she was right behind us, which, where I'm shy, made me really nervous. She went to whack me in the knee with her hoe. She pulled back at the last second, but she did it enough that I seriously thought she was going to and fell to the ground. She put the hoe down on my neck and was asking me what I had just said. I was only joking and said as much, and apologising, but she was still going as if to stab me in the neck. She told me to kiss her boot to apologise, or she was going to have the guys (who were now laughing at me) use her iPhone to film what was going on, and also she wouldn't let me up, so I did it, but she made me do it several more times before letting me up. She was barking orders at me all for the rest of the day & the same today.

The 2 guys today told me she was now telling them she was gonna report me for sexual harassment to get me sacked for what I said. Are they just joking too or not? I'm shy and not used to working with other people much, so I can't tell?
Added (1). Also, if she is actually angry at me what could I do to resolve the issue?

Read more: Is my co-worker just joking around or is she really angry with me and being serious threatening me?