Monday, July 14, 2014

What's the proper way to update a jailbroken iphone?

so I have a 3GS which you must know, pretty old, especially because it is still on iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken.
And yesterday I tried updating it into iOS 6.6.1 via iTunes after backing it up on iTunes as well, but it is said that it couldn't be updated so I have to restore my iPhone first. But when I restored it, blue screen suddenly appeared and somehow I got the BIOS warning that said cache memory error. I succeeded in rescuing the files by backing it up and moved it into a new internal hard disk drive but now I'm afraid of updating my phone again and breaking my computer all over again. Seeing this condition, what do you think I should do?

I heard that I was supposed to reset all settings and turn off all the jailbroken tweaks but I didn't do that.

Read more: What's the proper way to update a jailbroken iphone?