Thursday, December 11, 2014

$500 to spend: DSLR with lens kit, Mirrorless with lens kit or good quality UltraZoom camera?

I'm looking to buy my first camera… IPhone just isn't cutting it any longer…

I'm on a budget and would like to spend less than $500, right now.
I am not opposed to the idea of an entry level DSLR, however I would really like to avoid spending thousands over the years if I can achieve similar quality in alternative camera types/ options.

Let me know what you think!

I would like to be able to shoot in inside and outside, macro, wildlife, landscapes.
I would like something that can handle zoomed situations… I have no problem getting close to my subjects, but sometimes you just can't!
I would also like to be able to blow up prints (24''x36'' max) if needed.

I've seen online so far all around the same price-point:
Nikon D3200 ($500 with 8-55mm and 55-200mm Non-VR Lens)
Canon EOS Rebel T5 ($500 with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lens)
Nikon p600 ($400)
Canon PowerShot SX50 ($400)
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70 ($320)

So if you were to spend $500 MAX, what would you start out with?

Thanks for the advice!

Read more: $500 to spend: DSLR with lens kit, Mirrorless with lens kit or good quality UltraZoom camera?