Thursday, December 11, 2014

Am I the only person who doesn't get Christmas presents?

Christmas is round the corner and it's the time of year where you get your Christmas trees out and start writing your wish lists. Every year I hear that their mum got them an Ipad or their dad got them an iphone and when they ask me 'Oh I didn't get anything'. It's been the same answer for 13 years. I've asked plenty of times why we can't have presents. 'Because we're not Christian, we're Buddhist.' I have a lot of Asian Buddhists friends who all get Christmas presents. I have one friend with a brother and sister and they have a tablet each. I'm not asking for an Ipad. I just would like something as a gist to fit in with my friends. I only got a present once in school from my secret Santa and it was sweets but my sister finished them all. Recently my friend got me a hot chocolate making set but my sister threw it out the window. When I told my dad he didn't do anything. I went outside and cleaned up the glass and marshmallows.

Do you get presents?

Read more: Am I the only person who doesn't get Christmas presents?