Thursday, December 11, 2014

Can I switch phones from an iPhone 5c to an iPhone 4s?

I recently dropped and broke my iPhone 5c. The screen is cracked and does not function at all, so my phone is basically unusable (although the rest of the hardware seems to work- for example I can still use Siri.) Anyways, I don't want to spend the money to replace my 5c. My friend has a 4s that he does not use anymore, it's just sitting around, and the memory is already wiped. He's willing to sell this phone to me for a low price. I'd like to transfer my phone's memory to this 4s. However, the problem is that the 4s has a larger SIM card than the 5c, they're physically different sizes, so I don't think I can simply switch out the SIM cards and be good to go. My question is, is there some way that I can transfer phones to my friend's 4s and keep my same number, my contacts, my memory, etc?

Read more: Can I switch phones from an iPhone 5c to an iPhone 4s?