Sunday, May 17, 2015

Can I clean my iPhone with a disinfectant wipe?


Please read this below before responding. I don't want any replies that indicates that you didn't read through it because it's a waste of time.

I have these "hand sanitizer wipes" that I'd like to use to clean my phone. I'm a germophobe so I don't think merely a damp cloth is enough to clean it with.

I read something about that some kind of coating of the screen will be ruined by alcohol. Though, I have one of those plastic screen guards that you buy to protect your screen from scratches. I also have a case that's all around my phone except from the screen. So really, I'd just disinfect the case and the screen guard. Is that okay or can the alcohol like go through to the actual screen and damage it? And will the phone be harmful when I put it on or charge it? Beause I assume alcohol and electronics is not the best combination.

Read more: Can I clean my iPhone with a disinfectant wipe?