Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Why is my dog afraid of iPhone sounds and vibration?


I have a 3 year old Female Maltese named Kiwi. About a year ago she started to act strange around my iPhone. Nothing scary happened previously. I didn t change the sounds or anything. When she s sees my phone everything is ok. But when she heard the typing noises (from texting or emailing), the ring tones, message tones and other app alerts, she gets real close to me (whether the phone is near me or not) and she ll start shaking then nudge on me. She will sometimes try to crawl behind my neck if I m sitting. Sometimes she ll roll over onto her back. But she s always shaking and looks scared. This happens when the phone vibrates too. She will even lay her head on top of my phone, but as soon as it makes any noise or vibrates she changes. I ve tried changing the sounds. Even changed them to earthly type sounds, real music etc. She still acts the same. We all have iPhones in the house and she acts this way around everyone s phones. Another note… She s not afraid of anything else. She s a "brave" and curious dog. She likes to investigate noises around the house and she s very much like a "leader of the pack". When I take her to the dog park she s not afraid of people, cars, thunder or anything. But she heard someone s message tone and ran right to me. People have said that she might have had a traumatic experience but I m around her all the time and I never noticed anything. I don t know what to do.

Read more: Why is my dog afraid of iPhone sounds and vibration?