Saturday, May 14, 2016

How to join a wifi repeater network on an iPhone?


Firstly, I am a fairly confident computer user but by no means a tech wizard so please keep any answers simple!

I have recently bought a wifi repeater to allow me to use my laptop at the other end of the house to where the router is connected. I have set up my laptop to receive the repeater signal. The network connections show as "SKYXXXXX" and a second network "WiFi Repeater1". They are both set to connect automatically.

I am now trying to access the WiFi Repeater1 network on my iPhone 4S. The network shows as available and full strength. It asks me to enter the network password.

Should my password be the network key on the bottom of the router? I believe that this is what I used when I set it up on my laptop but it doesn't accept it on the iPhone. There is no network key on the repeater to use. Obviously no one can tell me what my password is but if you could give me some ideas how I can get the iPhone to accept the repeater network I would be grateful. Or alternately advise me if I have set the whole thing up incorrectly.

Many thanks.

Read more: How to join a wifi repeater network on an iPhone?