Monday, May 9, 2016

Upload photos from iPhone to multiple Macs wirelessly and then delete them from iPhone?


Hi,

I have been looking for a way to do this for awhile now. I would ideally like to be able to take a photo on my iPhone, have it wirelessly upload to my 3 household Macs (in the 'Photos' app, where I can have tagged faces and locations appear across all 3 Macs) and then stay there even after I delete it from the phone.

I do not want to keep all of my photos on my iPhone as it just doesn't have the storage capacity for it and I can get photos to upload wirelessly to the Mac's 'Photos' but only if they remain on the phone - once they're deleted from the phone, they're deleted from the Mac. I have been looking into shared photo albums and thought to add only myself that way I can manually choose what I would like to be uploaded to the Macs and then I can delete it off the phone but for whatever reason, I cannot get this to happen seamlessly across all of my devices.

I want to be able to take a couple of photos on my iPhone, delete the bad ones without them being automatically uploaded to the Macs (where I'd likely end up with a bunch of photos I'd have to sort through all the time) and manually choose to upload the good photos to the default Mac 'Photos' app (on all 3 home Macs and once they've been tagged and located on one, it updates the others metadata) then delete that photo off my phone as well without it being deleted from the Macs. It should be extremely simple and I've already looked into things like Dropbox's automatic uploads etc. But it could be easier.

Thanks.

Read more: Upload photos from iPhone to multiple Macs wirelessly and then delete them from iPhone?