Sunday, April 16, 2017

Grounded my son for a year. Is this appropriate?

My son 14, failed math in the PSSA exams this year.
He did good in everything but math, so I told him he's going to be in huge trouble. After talking to my husband we decided to ground him for a year.
Here's a list of his punishments
No iPhone 7 Plus. ( we're putting blocks on it so he can only call family and 911 ) I am also changing our router at the house because I know he can use wifi even tho I have his phone shut down
No Nintendo Switch
No Xbox one
No TV
No PS4
No MacBook Pro
Early bedtime of 9:30 every night
In summer his bedtime will be 8pm
He is allowed to go to Disneyland and Pompano beach with us this year, but I'm limiting the number of rides he can ride at Disney. Also he will have nothing to do on the long drive( were from Pennsylvania )
No getting the iPhone 8 in September
No birthday presents
No seeing fire works on July 4
No seeing friends
No seeing his girlfriend. I'm actually making him breakup with her
No pop
No candy
No going outside this summer. Everyday his 2 sisters aged 12 and 16 will come in his room in their bikinis and tell him how much fun they had in our brand new in ground pool.
No going to Pirates of the Caribbean in May
No lego sets in June
No girlfriends until he's 18.
Is this ok or are we too harsh?
Thanks

Read more: Grounded my son for a year. Is this appropriate?