Saturday, April 15, 2017

Is there something wrong with me?

I like things that are different. I'm very much into cars. Right now I own an air-cooled 1972 VW Super Beetle, a 1985 Golf Diesel and a 2013 Nissan Leaf electric car. But as you can see none of those are the typical cars people would normally own nowadays, and much less at the same time. I also had a midsized Chevy Astro van and am thinking of selling my two Volkswagens to get the money to buy another one. Another vehicle I've always wanted is a Mazda RX-7 or an RX-8. But for practicality I'm going to stick with the Leaf and either an Astro or the Beetle or maybe just get rid of the VW's and rent for long trips, although I have put several hundred miles on the Leaf in a day without using DC fast chargers.

I also love driving a manual! If I get an Astro I'd like to swap the automatic transmission out for a manual.

I'm also not into popular technology. I had a Nokia basic candy bar phone for years. I finally got a smart phone, a Nokia Lumia with Windows. When it dies on going back to a basic phone I refuse to get an iPhone or iPad or Android anything.

As far as food goes I like everything. The are very few things I don't like. I'll even eat tripe or intestines!

Is there wondering wrong with me? Some people seem to think so.

Read more: Is there something wrong with me?