Sunday, June 11, 2017

Dropped my iPhone into water and it's still working, do I need to worry?

I dropped my iPhone 6S in about 2 inches of water earlier today. I pulled it out within 3 seconds and immediately turned it off and put it in a bowl of rice. I just turned it on and it works perfectly fine. The speakers sound normal, the charging port works, the headphone jack works, and there's no physical water damage. I took out the SIM tray to check if the water sensor was red (indicating water damage) and it was white like it should be.
Is the water sensor a full indicator of water damage, or is it possible that there's damage even if it's white?
Should I take it into Apple so they can check for water damage?

Read more: Dropped my iPhone into water and it's still working, do I need to worry?