Sunday, December 24, 2017

I need some advice on how to deal with being a victim of online shopping fraud?

Ok so i'm really pissed at what this guy has done. I paid him for an iphone 7 via bank transfersand we agreed he'd post it. As soon as I sent screenshots as proof he blocked me so i can't contact him. I've reported the ad but they seem to be taking time in taking it down. I also reported to action fraud and waiting for a reply though i doubt they'd do much. Well anyway I have come up with a plan but need advice on it.
btw my parents paid for the phone and this happened last night so they still don't know about it. They're gonna kill me so i really need some good news for them.
Anyway, I know this guys name, full address, phone number and email. It'd take me 5hrs driving to get there but I have a uncle close by who can easily pop down. I have all this info. But what should i do? Should i get my uncle to go speak to him? Should he take the police with him? Should i report it to the police and let them take further action?(hate this option btw)
Help!
Added (1). let me just tell you guys how i got his info.
Name: from bank details
Address: We agreed with collection and then i changed to post
Phone number/email: Communication and website

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/i-need-some-advice-on-how-to-deal-with-being-a-victim.html