Saturday, January 20, 2018

Is there anything i can do about firefox having my real name?

i recently downloaded the new version of modzilla firefox and made a new firefox account, in order to do that, i had to give my iphone details, there was no opt out option, the names i gave firefox account were not my real names, for privacy reasons, but on my new iphone, i registered my real first and christian name, in order to set up my apple id information.

so when i was signing up for a firefox account and they required details of my smart phone as part of signing up, they've got access to my real names through my iphone details.

i'm not happy about that, as i feel suspicious of big online companies, wary, and don't want them to have my real name in their database.

is there any way i can change it so they don't have my real full name? Or is it too late now because my iphone is registered with them?

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/is-there-anything-i-can-do-about-firefox-having-my-real.html