Sunday, May 27, 2018

What are some fun 'coming of age' graphical novels for teenagers?

My cousin's "Sweet 16" birthday is around the corner and I was thinking about giving something 'unique' to her.

She's a narcissist little brat who's always posting duck faces on Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. I think her mind is half rotten as it is (Watching her social media feed makes me cringe).

So, I was thinking about giving her something interesting yet fun to read, something 'lightweight' that could as well lure her into reading and out of paws of her iPhone!

A friend of mine suggested "Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series" and lent me a book for a 'review' (The Last Straw); and even for an old man such as myself (I'm almost 30) it was TON OF FUN (Literally!) but I don't think she'd be interested in that; given the fact that all characters are teenage boys and the whole theme is very 'boyish' which may not be too appropriate for a young girl.

So what else could I give her? I'm looking for something that's more on the 'girly' side of the road and is full of humor?

Thanks in advance!

Read more: What are some fun 'coming of age' graphical novels for teenagers?