Friday, June 8, 2018

Where to buy sim card in USA while travelling from India?

Hey Guys. I'm travelling to USA for 13 days (tourism) in the coming next month - July. This is my first time to USA so i'm a litttle bit confused about what to do regarding my cellular network there. I've tried to surf the internet a lot but i end up having no clue about it. I guess it is so because there's a vast difference in the protocols in cellular network in USA and INDIA. There we get cellular attached CDMA phones and here in india, we get mostly GSM phones. On the internet, they talked about different frequency Bands which i didn't understand at all. So i just want to ask-

1) Is there an At&t store, etc. At the Los Angeles Airport(LAX) ( Because somewhere on the internet it was written that america doesn't allow sim cards to be sold at the airpot) i'm on a group tour, so i don't get the chance to go to a walmart store on my own until i get a free day.

2)I've got an iphone 7 ( Indian GSM) . What type of sim and company should i choose? ( because sprint and Verizon are purely CDMA)

3) Is there any special requirement about the ID? I mean is the passport enough?

4) I require a plan which gives unlimited data ( atleast more than 15GB) and a little bit of free international calling.

Read more: Where to buy sim card in USA while travelling from India?