Saturday, July 14, 2018

Should I get my child a cellphone?

My 7 year old son recently told me that he wants an iPhone, the first thing I asked him was "why?" He said because all his friends have phones and because they look fun." I grew up in the 90s and I played with toys, not iPhones so it was really sad to see him asking me this. He already has an IPad which his father bought him, and he is addicted to that so getting him a phone might be worse. And he insists on getting the newest iPhone, I have no idea how he even knows about iPhones, he even knows the prices. I guess he might search that up on his iPad? Anyways, what should I do? He wants it for his 8th birthday which isn't until September 7th, so I still have time to think about this.

Read more: Should I get my child a cellphone?